OMIB

Sunday, December 10, 2006

High Speed Train To Philly

Fed up with the indignities, absurdities and inconveniences of air travel, I took the Acela Express high speed train down to Philadelphia. The Acela is America's only high-speed train-set and I was interested to comapre it with recent experiences with the EU's HSTs. Acela (WIKI) is certainly not as polished as ICE, TGV or Thalys and it's frustrating to be plodding along at 70mph, at times, but it's still a lot less hassle than dealing with contemporary domestic air-travel. The journey was more expensive than the airline equivalent ($340 vs $300) and took a little longer (5hrs vs 4hrs), but I was able to get a lot more work done on my journey and I was treated far better than one may expect when flying, these days.
More Photos HERE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home