OMIB

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Well, I had a pretty busy festive season, this year. After a bunch of celebrations in December, I made for blighty for the main event. I could have cried at Heathrow when the immigration inspector said, in an East London accent, "babye, luv" - it was wonderful to hear British accents again.
It was great to see my family (parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts & cousins) after ten months away. I also got to see my great friends Andy, John, Chris and Samir. Not too bad, for a 4 day visit. I didn't get to see Alex, though, as he has yet to read the manual for his alarm clock!
I returned to Boston and had to go straight back to work (american vacation allowances, you know). However, I managed to wangle a day off when Jane and Rory came to Boston for a few days (more here). It was utterly fab to see them face-to-face and show them something of my new home town.
Over the next two months I'll be pretty busy with a big (exciting) project at work and also with efforts to burn off excess xmas fat. Jan 21st I'm off to Hans and Riki's wedding in Santa Barbara. Mid March will find me taking my annual vacation (Central America with Alex & Una). My pals Jason & Helen may be visiting towards the end of March, too. Then it'll be time to get Emily ready for a summer of fast, topless fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home