OMIB

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

My first looooong post


My first looooong post
Originally uploaded by dwfletch.
I was feeling pretty crappy, rejected and generally miserable, till I had a chat with my good pal, Alex, just now. It's amazing what a good argument can do (the argument wasn't really with Alex) - I now feel terrific :-) (thanks Alex!)

All that 'words unspoken' stuff just kills me; get it all in the open and have a good rant and at least you know where you stand and what other people are so pissed off about. (The whole 'sent to coventry' thing is for primary school.) The upshot? I feel so much better! I'm not perfect; I can see where I may have gone wrong. But for the most part I'm comfortable with what I am and what I've said and done. And I'm flushed with sufficient righteous indignation to float both the HMS Victory AND the USS constitution!

And suddenly my perspective has shifted, too. Things look a bit better. I love my job, my flat and now I love my car, too (more photos soon!). I picked her up last weekend (new alloys later this week). She's a 1999, 12,000mi Chevrolet Corvette C5 convertible (named'Emily', in accordance with my family's custom relating to Chevrolets). She's front-engined, rear-wheel-drive, accelerates from 0 to 60mph in just 4.8 seconds and has a top speed of 175mph. She has a naturally aspirated, longitudinally mounted, 5.7 litre, cast aluminium, V8 engine (overhead valves, two per cylinder), that develops 345BHP at 5600RPM and 350lb-ft at 4400RPM. She also has a manual, six-speed gearbox. She weighs in at just under 1.5 metric tons, has two seats and a soft top. On cold winter mornings when the air is especially dense, her passage creates Cerenkov radiation!

In sum: I saw the entirity of the universe and myself in relation to it. And it's all cool you know. It just told me what I already knew, I AM ZAPHOD BEEBLEBROX!

3 Comments:

  • Jesus Fucking Christ!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:15 PM  

  • David the petrolhead! Who'd have thunk it? :)

    By Blogger Rory, at 4:06 AM  

  • How long does it take to walk from one end of the bonnet to the other?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home